Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Saturday, May 27, 2006

You want fun? I’ve got fun for you. Imagine, if you will, your six year old son running though the house screaming “I hate daddy!” at the top of his lungs. Now, that’s fun.

Yeah.

Here’s how that happened. It’s a gorgeous day and Sam and Laney were playing very nicely outside. Sam came in to ask me something - I forget what. I answered him and told him to go back outside and play some more. He said, “But I want to stay inside.”

So I said, “No, you guys have been in all day - you need to go play outside for awhile.”

So he began screaming and saying, “I hate daddy!!”

Yeah.

Well, all the parenting experts say that you shouldn’t try to be your kid’s friend…. Mission accomplished, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

that is a GREAT story.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home