Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sam and I went to the Baltimore Comic Convention this weekend - one of those great father/son bonding experiences. I'm glad that there is something that we both enjoy, that we can do together. My dad was great about that as well, when I was a kid (although it was Star Trek conventions then - I know, I know, I'm a geek).


We took the Light Rail into Baltimore city. It was Sam's first ride on the Maryland Light Rail (and only my second or third).


We played the Sam-invented game of "What would you do if you didn't have any senses?" on the train. Well, it doesn't work to yell at me if I can't hear, Sam.


This one was better. Strange thing, though. The guy sitting directly in front of us had a stack of comics a mile high, but he didn't get off at the convention center stop... Guess he was just taking them out for a train ride.


Sam took one look at the table of free stuff and freaked. Who knew there was such a wonderful place in the world as the comic book convention, where, not only do they have great things to look at and buy, but they also give you free stuff? Utopia, I tell ya.


That Batman is one big mother... Sam also met a traveling caravan of Wolverine, Marvel Girl, Rogue, and, for some reason, a Stormtrooper. Go figure.

It was a good day. I'm training the boy up in the way of the geek. And that's ok.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, helpful page. Keep on going.

It's possible that you may find my Commerce Company E Hosting Web site useful.

It is fully Commerce Company E Hosting Web related and covers quite a variety approaches. Best wishes.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Nels Cross said...

do not taunt bigsun.blogspot.com

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww! Sam is getting so big, and I could not believe how big Laney is!!! man....

i miss out on a lot.
I hope you are well, and I dont think you are tragically unhip...<3.

Kelly.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Last night at a worship gathering I met a chick from LePanto... actually I had met her before but I didn't know she was from LePanto. And then I couldn't remember Janna's maiden name for the life of me (finally got it - Young). And now I can't remember the chick's name. I am so old. Tell your beautiful wife hello for me!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home