Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

If you've got a mind for it, I could use some extra prayers this week. I leave on Thursday for the Dominican Republic. I'm going with a local church (not mine) to do some video work for them. Imagine creating a partnership between a small Columbia, MD church and an inner city Santo Domingo church. It's the future, man.

The beauty of this trip at the moment for me is that I essentially have zero idea of what we're going to be doing. I know I'll be slinging a camera for the duration, but beyond that, I'm clueless. And I find myself locked into this mindset of the ingorant American. What will I need? Should I take a sleeping bag? Where are we staying? Should I exchange some money for pesos before I go, or can I do it there? I have to know EXACTLY WHAT I AM WALKING INTO.

Then, I take a breath. It's going to be an incredible trip and the little details will take care of themselves. Anyway, like I said earlier, I could use an extra prayer or two this week. And, don't worry, I'll post pictures when I get back.

2 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

jealous. be careful.

7:22 AM  
Blogger MW Rice said...

Have a great trip man-you'll do great!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home