Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Beatles or Rolling Stones?

That's the question as I always heard it. Those were the two biggies. How you answer that question demonstrates everything about you. If you pick the Beatles, you're the artistic, deep-thinking, type. Choose the Stones, and you're a working-class rock & roller at heart.

Well, my lovely bride always said there should be a third choice. As a music purist, I always disagreed. "The Stones and the Beatles are the two greatest bands of all time!," I would bellow. Well, as usual, it turns out she's right.

Add Elvis Presley to the equation, please. You pick Elvis? You're probably just a hard-ass redneck.

Well, which is it for you? Beatles, Stones, or Elvis?

Me? I'll take the King.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nels Cross said...

Elvis? More of a pop icon than great musician..

Beatles, wrote songs that were perfect in musical theory design, and did it with style. They created the framework for bands like the Stones.

However, the stones have one of the best drummers I have ever heard. They rock and roll in their 50's the way they rock and rolled in their 20's.

My vote goes to the stones. Not because they are better musically, but because they are a better rock and roll band.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Janna Barber said...

Actually, what I said is the question should be this:
Elvis or the Beatles? The question for me is not, "who's the greatest rock band," but who do you like better, and at our age, it's predetermined by who our parents liked better. I'm not sure if my parents know the Stones even now. But we heard much more Elvis around the Young household than we did Beatles. Have you finally changed your answer John?

7:27 AM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

yikes. i have to go with the Beatles. the stones have long overstayed their welcome on the concert circuit. and elvis had a lot of help from the Colonel.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home