Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Sunday, July 23, 2006



Man, it's been so busy around here lately that I have had nary a chance to get psyched about the Bill Mallonee show that's going to be here on Friday! Between Janna's parents moving to town, my sister having a baby, working on a video for a local church, moving into a new house, and Sam's birthday being last Friday, I haven't had time to think, much less plan for the concert. I have everything in place - the hotel room is booked and the PA is in place. Now I just have to get my mind ready. My all-time favorite musician is coming to my freaking house to play!

Did I mention that Bill has a new record out? It's called Permafrost - go here to buy it. It took a few listens to grow on me, but now that it has, it's really grown on me. Jangly guitars, check. Gut-wrenching lyrics, check. Sweet harmonies, check. It's really excellent. My favorite track is called "Threadbare," and it is anything but. From the heart-breaking guitar intro, to the intensely personal lyrical content, it's vintage Mallonee.

The "single" (whatever that means anymore) is probably Poor Kid (or Pour, Kid, depending on where you look). It contains the most head-on, tough as nails, diss that I've heard since the Counting Crows "St. Robinson."

Listen to "Pour, Kid" and love it:

Pour, Kid

2 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

jealous.

seething.

but glad for you.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I hope you and your lovely wife are having an absolutely fabulous evening (as if I have to hope...)!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home