Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Sam turns six today. Six! He's having a sleepover birthday party tomorrow night with some of his buddies. Not to get too sentimental, but I remember a time when he would have said that I was his best friend. Even if he still said that today, I'd have to wonder if he has just humoring me... trying to make an old man feel better, you know?

Last night, I overheard a conversation that he was having with my mom on the phone. He said, "Grandma, can I tell you what the word 'insouciant' means?"

Well, do you know what insouciant means? I had to have my six year old explain it to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

hey sam, what's "insouciant"?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

...as long as he doesn't get too old to dance with me!

1:30 PM  
Blogger MW Rice said...

I have NO IDEA what that means. I'm ashamed.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Capt. Flipout said...

I'm 41. If I don't know what it means by now...

I probably don't need to.

6:48 AM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

"unconcerned, blithe", according to dictionary.com

7:01 AM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

that makes me feel ancient that sam's six years old. i remember before he was even a zygote.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home