Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

my God, where do these days go?

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'll post some more pictures soon - including the one with me and Bill rocking the mic together, but for now I just have these. Here you go, Myles!


Bill and Muriah


Bill and Muriah playing



Here's the set list from the Bill Mallonee House Show:

Holy Mother Mary
Nothing Like a Train
Solar System
High & Lonesome
Goes Without Saying
After All This Dust Settles Down
November Ghost
Knockin' At Your Door
Lucifer
If I Saw the Light (not sure of the name of this one - never heard it before)
Great Reservations
Cinnamon
Here Comes Heartache
Good Luck Charm
Bank
Otherwise
Rationale
Who Will You Love?
Parting Shot (yay!)
Muriah's Song (Muriah wrote and sang this one - very awesome)



The high points for me were some of the new tunes - November Ghost, Otherwise, and Rationale really stood out. And, of course, hearing Parting Shot live was a bit of a religious experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

who's muriah?

1:04 PM  
Blogger John Barber said...

(opening can of worms...)

Bill's wife.

1:25 PM  
Blogger myleswerntz said...

what? where's brenda? this is making me sad here. i need some kind of explanation.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Vernon Bowen said...

I'm a friend of Myles and a huge Mallonee and VOL fan. He told me about your house show, and I am very jealous, especially that he played Parting Shot, the greatest song ever written. I have yet to see him in concert, so here's hoping he returns to Texas sometime soon.
Concerning your later post, Pierce Pettis is another of my favorites, and he and I spoke briefly at one of his little gigs about how much we both enjoy Bill.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home